Interested in a future with Holloway Consulting?
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have an enthusiasm for Republican politics, HCI may be a great fit for you. We are always open to meeting new talent and exploring opportunities to expand our portfolio of services.
You can find details of our current opportunities below. To be considered, please send a resume and cover letter including your current salary and requirements to email@example.com We look forward to hearing from you.
Holloway Consulting Inc. (HCI) is actively recruiting for a full-time Finance Coordinator to support our growing portfolio of clients.
HCI Finance Coordinators are critical members of our team who work closely with HCI Principals, and Account Managers to effectively execute plans for national major donor and PAC fundraising.
Launched in 2003, Holloway Consulting Inc. is a woman led business that specializes in national major donor and Washington, D.C. PAC fundraising for Republican Members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Federal PACs, Super PACs, 527s, and 501(c)(4) and 501(c)(3) organizations.
As we are a Republican firm, we are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic about Republican politics. Preferable fields of study include political science, marketing, business administration, and event management. Practical experience on a campaign, fundraising, or in a political office setting is a plus.
HCI does not hire remote employees. All employees are expected to work out of our Arlington, Virginia office.
As the entry level staff position within our organization, Finance Coordinators provide essential project support while learning to master HCI’s proprietary methods for outreach, solicitation, and follow-up that have been developed over the past 20+ years. The responsibilities assigned to HCI Finance Coordinators are designed to maximize learning opportunities that contribute directly to successful execution of projects across the HCI client portfolio.
HCI is invested in maintaining a positive learning environment that fosters the development of critical skills and professional growth that create opportunities for upward mobility within the firm. HCI Finance Coordinators should expect to receive regular feedback from HCI principals and Account Managers that will enable continuous improvement in building the skills and abilities of the team as a whole.
All members of the team are expected to collaborate seamlessly and contribute equally to the success of the firm across the client portfolio.
Finance Coordinators are in client-facing situations from the second week of work with us and are expected to are expected to work collaboratively toward the success of our entire client portfolio.
Primary responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to,
- Conducting comprehensive donor research;
- Producing client-ready briefings for call time, meetings, and events;
- Participating fully in the rotation for staffing client call time;
- Producing internal call reports for review and approval by HCI Account Managers;
- Engaging in direct donor outreach on behalf of clients to schedule meetings and follow-up on pledged contributions;
- Monitoring and recording incoming event R.S.V.P.s to ensure accurate pledge counts and financial tracking;
- Monitoring and transcribing incoming donor correspondence, and taking necessary steps to follow-up;
- Contributing regularly to ongoing donor database maintenance; and,
- Following all HCI standard practices and nomenclature for accurate record keeping in HCI databases.
Applicant Qualifications & Required Skills
We are seeking highly motivated recent college graduates with a “can-do” attitude. Successful team members have a strong desire to learn and an appetite for growth.
Ours is a fast-paced environment and there is always more to do than we have extra hands for. We look for recent graduates with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and individuals who can deal well with moving deadlines and changing priorities.
Additional attributes that we look for include a willingness to accept coaching and critical feedback as we teach the techniques involved in successful interactions with donors and other high-level stakeholders. This can include specific training on etiquette and effective communication styles, resource allocation and time management, and a detailed review of ongoing projects.
This position requires an individual who thinks strategically and creatively and can work on multiple projects simultaneously within limited timeframes.
- Excellent organizational skills, time management efficiency, and careful attention to detail.
- Excellent ability to multi-task accompanied by a spirit of flexibility and positive outlook
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Database management skills and/or ability to learn new software applications quickly are required; Knowledge of CMDI/Crimson, Aristotle and iDONATEpro donor database preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team orientation critical to work independently and collaboratively
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K plan enrollment eligibility after the first year of employment
- Potential annual employer-funded 401K contributions after the first year of employment
- Seven (7) paid holidays and up to three (3) weeks (15 business days) of Personal Time Off (PTO) annually
- Access to a fitness and amenities center located inside of our office building
- Onsite parking
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a current resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Political Fundraising Internship
Holloway Consulting, Inc. (Arlington, VA) is recruiting interns to assist with national major donor and DC PAC fundraising efforts on behalf of our growing portfolio of clients.
Our program offers an exciting, all hands-on deck working environment where our interns work in close collaboration with HCI Finance Coordinators to gain skills and abilities that are critically important.
Launched in 2003, Holloway Consulting Inc. is a woman led business that specializes in national major donors and Washington, D.C. PAC fundraising for Republican Members of the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives, Federal PACs, Super PACs, 527s and 501(c)(4), and 501(c)(3) organizations.
HCI interns are paid $15/ hour and work from our office in Arlington, Virginia. HCI does not offer remote internships.
As we are a Republican firm, we are looking for applicants who are enthusiastic about Republican politics. Preferable fields of study include political science, business administration, marketing, and event management.
HCI interns work alongside and on the same projects as our permanent staff in an apprenticeship model, gaining hands on experience in all facets of national fundraising. Our interns are in client-facing situations from the second week of work with us and contribute to ongoing research and communications projects designed to support our client portfolio.
HCI interns learn the research and analytical skills necessary for effective donor prospecting, are are included in the rotation for staffing call time across the portfolio, and can also expect to engage in direct donor outreach on behalf of our clients. The tasks assigned to HCI interns are selected to cultivate skills and confidence required to be effective in our industry.
Over the past 20+ years, HCI has developed scalable methods for outreach, solicitation, and follow-up that allow us to make the most of each client’s time and that train our staff and interns to think strategically about the most productive use of resources including their own time and attention.
As an organization that relies on interns as an integral part of our client support team, HCI is invested in maintaining a positive learning environment that fosters the development of critical skills and professional growth.
We are seeking highly motived college students and recent college graduates with a “can-do” attitude. Successful interns have a propensity for working hard and solving problems while supporting multiple projects simultaneously within limited timeframes.
Ours is a fast-paced environment and there is always more to do than we have extra hands for. We look for students with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills, and individuals who can deal well with moving deadlines and changing priorities. Additional attributes that we look for include a willingness to accept coaching and critical feedback as we teach the techniques involved in successful interactions with donors and other high-level stakeholders, such as specific training on etiquette and effective communication styles.
Preferable fields of study include political science, economics, business, marketing, and event management. Practical experience on a campaign, fundraising, or in a political office setting is a plus.
Strong organizational, telephone, and research skills, as well as a proficiency in utilizing Microsoft Office are essential.
- Participate in regular team meetings, where fundraising strategy and planning are discussed
- Provide direct support to HCI clients during national call time
- Prepare daily reports that memorialize call time metrics and detailed follow-up notes
- Participate in outreach activities such as making phone calls to solicit scheduled calls and meetings on behalf of HCI clients
- Conduct research on donor prospects
- Help with mailings of collateral materials to prospective donors
- Contribute to the ongoing maintenance of our donor database through research and data entry
- Assist with candidate fundraising event support (virtual and in person)
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for an internship placement with HCI, please send a resume with a cover letter that includes your general availability to email@example.com